Department of Mechanical Engineering
Room 2112 Glenn L. Martin Hall (Building 088)
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742 USA
- Research Scientist, Linköping University, Sweden
- Senior Scientist, Risø National Laboratory, Denmark
- Vice President of Research and Development, Santa Fe Science and
Technology, Inc. (SFST), New Mexico
- since 2000, University of Maryland
- BS, Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- NSF Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers
(converted from CAREER award, 2003)
- E. Robert Kent Teaching Award for Junior Faculty, UMD, 2004
- Outstanding Invention of 2004, Office of Technology Commercialization, UMD
cell sensor based pathogen detection
- DuPont Young Professor Award, 2003
- Danish Research Councils Talent Project award, 1998
- NSF Fellow, Summer Institute in Japan, 1991
My research interests focus on the use of organic materials in microsystems,
particularly polymer MEMS and bioMEMS. Further information can
be found in the Research pages of this site.
Phone: +1 (301) 405-5265
Information on and for women in the Clark School.
Other women faculty in the Clark School, and the women's community.
Unofficial summary of University policies on family leave, daycare, etc.
The Greer Report, from 1988: Making a Difference for Women
Women who historically made a difference at Maryland.